Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Working With Canvas

Canvas..... LOVE IT!! I bought these two 12x12 canvases a few months ago and they have been sitting on my shelf the whole time. I just didn't get the inspiration until today. I am doing this challenge over at sb.com and it is 12 Days of Christmas challenge that involves a sketch a day. My canvas layout called "him" was my take on the sketch. The heart symbolizes our love and the broken chain and ribbon symbolized the things we have overcome and broke through in our relationship. Here's a quick how to on what I did. I started with using red alcohol ink and covered the entire canvas with it using a blending tool. Then I went over it with some gesso and red acrylic paint and just did some finger painting. Gesso helps to add some nice thick texture.

The black and white polka dot paper was severely distressed by crumpling it first then running over the top of it with a sanding tool. Then I tore and inked the edges on both the red and polka dot paper.

The title was a total accident. I used Bo Bunny chipboard letters in cream. I stuck the word 'him' on a white piece of scrap paper and then sanded the color out a bit and did a couple of swoops with some black soot ink. I liked it so much I just left it like it is on the scrap paper and stuck it on here.

The heart I smothered in glue and poured red glitter on that. I distress both the polka dot ribbon and the red ribbon, by shredding the edges of the polka dot ribbon and inking the red ribbon and shredding the ends for the break.

Thanks for stopping by and looking. I highly recommend trying out a canvas. They are a lot of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning! I love the title too, funny how those scraps really do put the scrap in scrapbooking!

    Thanks for the clear details of how you did it~

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails