Thursday, April 1, 2010

~ Glorious Destruction ~

Yes More Grunge!! I have decided that I seem to go two different directions when I scrap. On one end I have shabby chic and on the other I have grunge/mixed media. So should my new style be Shabby Grunge? Who knows! This latest layout of mine is another one of my "shabby grunge" creations. This was made as an example layout for a challenge over at Swirlydoos. The challenge is of course to grunge, distress and creatively destroy your layouts. I used a pic of my daughter Tyler who is only 9 years old. She looks so grown up, it's scary!!
These are just some standard chipboard letters that I inked and sanded. Very easy technique to do.
I love distressing ribbon and lace. Lace especially will add a very feminine touch to what might be a more boyish style of layout. This pic also shows a great shot of the fun mess I made on the background. I used molding paste as a base, then added color by using alcohol inks and mist sprays. I almost always use my fingers and I just swirled the color together a bit, not completely though. I also added some black sparkles. After all glitter is my scrappy dirt :)
I have been sitting on these Tim Holtz acrylic shapes for awhile and decided to break them out for the first time on this layout. I dyed them with alcohol ink and stacked them in an overlapping fashion. You can get a neat look at a gob of paste with glitter in this shot too. Also you can see that I used felt as the photo mat.
These flowers were easy to grunge up. Flowers are of course another way to bring a feminine flair to a grunge layout. You can see a glimpse of some stitching I did at the bottom corner as well.
Some of the products used for this layout were 7 Gypsies pattern paper, Petaloo flowers, Golden molding paste, and Ranger alcohol inks and acrylic shapes.
Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

3 comments:

  1. Your shabby grunge is just out of this world !!!
    I love your style !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a AWESOME page, luv seeing the cloe ups:)

    Tina xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this page!!!! It's fun to see the whole thing now and not just the snibble on the board!! You so inspire me Mandy and now I want to get my 10 year old DD captured in a way I could create a shabby grunge LO!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails