Monday, June 7, 2010

Multiplying Prima Roses

I love Prima and their newest roses are some of my favorite. They come in a pack of 6 and it seems like I am always wanting one or two more. So for this particular layout I decided to tear the centers out of the Prima roses. As you can see I used three of the Prima Winter Rose Collection flowers in Marble Ice. I tore out the center which is a small rose all by itself and am left with the bottom layers. You can use the centers by themselves and as for the bottom, just pop a pretty button or other pretty little creation to fill it in. So instead of a package of 6 flowers, I have a package of 12. The distressing on this is a combination of Robinzberdz water distressing technique and a water technique that I do. Hers is so amazing and really wonderfully dramatic, which I love. Mine is more subtle. I will be showing that off this month on my blog, show check back for a tutorial on that.

This was made using items from the June Swirlydoos kit and it is based on a sketch by Beggahuna.

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

5 comments:

  1. I love prima flowers, too. What a great idea, I'll have to try that. Just love your work, beautiful!
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea about the flowers! And I LOVE this LO! The lace trim add just the touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm just now reading this post, but several hours ago, I got frustrated and cut the center bud out of one of my Prima roses. So glad to see a true artist (you) has done this as well; stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done water distressing like Robin Months ago on a layout called "From this day forward". Feel free to check it out! I actually printed the picture on pp too! Nice to see others have the same ideas!
    Love what you did to the Prima flowers! Awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great tip!! I love love love your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails