Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Scraps of Darkness Full Reveal

Scraps of Darkness had an early reveal for February, but the DT only released one or two layouts. So here is the full reveal of layouts for The Telltale Heart kit from SOD :) Talk about another amazingly versatile kit!! This kit has dark and whimsical all in one!!

This 1st layout was created for Suepups Challenge, both at SOD and at scrapbook.com. The challenge was for a forbidden love or dark love story. There are endless couples to choose from like Romeo and Juliet or Anthony and Cleopatra, but I went with Sonja and Lucian from Underworld 3. Sonja is a vampire an Lucian is a lycan. Here is my mixed media style layout.

I dyed some glitter glass with black alcohol ink and coated the edges of part of my layout. Check out this awesome embellishment that was included in the kit. SOD always has unique and fun embellishments!!
This piece of Dusty Attic was not included in the kit, but I had to add it. I coated it with embossing powder an inked it a little. I mixed molding paste with acrylic paint for added texture to the page.
I dyed this flower with some of the mists included in the Color Add On.
I made some mini roses with some of the paper in the kit and mixed them in with this gorgeous trim also in the kit.

This is my whimsical layout that was inspired by GabrielleP. I just adore her look of whimsy in her layouts and I used her little technique of torn book pages placed here and there on the page. I added in a ribbon that I used for her photo headdress and one of my all time favorite pieces of Dusty Attic vine chippie.
I laced the ribbon down the edge and made the bow separately at the bottom.
Tip: I have a bunch of those feather butterflies with the cheezy bodies and I haven't used them because I can't stand the ugly bodies on them. So I tore the wings off of one an created my own body :)
Tip: You don't always have to use every part of a bling flourish in one are. I cut my ZVA apart to create a butterfly trail as well as using it as a flourish.
Using very fine glitter and adhesive spray is how I covered the vine chippie. I did ink it lightly first.


Another challenge over at SOD called Skeletons in my Closet is going on right now and it's the theme is Drama for this month. I created a couple layouts for the challenge. One is serious and one is cute and lighthearted. This is my serious one. I call it Curtains. This is based on what goes on behind the curtains of life. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed, stressed, under appreciated, etc and I hardly ever show it. I put on a stage face and smile through it all. Life isn't always perfect an mine is full of drama. I always turn to the Lord for guidance and strength when times like this occur. I dyed some lace material and used it as a back drop for this layout. I also used some of the beautiful black trim included in the kit.
I bent one of my stick pins to create this little charm holder off to the side.
Some of the florals on the layout. This kit has some great mini roses. I did dye the center decorations of this flower so they weren't white.
The hearts were beads left from my stick pins I made. I am also selling several sets of different pins in my Etsy right now :)
Here is my 2nd light hearted layout I created for the Drama challenge. This is a bit more simple than my other layouts, but I felt like the background paper did a lot of work all by itself. This is a pic of Brooky I took of her giving me the stink eye.
The beaded trim is so beautiful and that cam in the kit. Love this stuff!! I did dye the ribbon section of the trim black.

This is a closeup of the pin I made for the kit. I also made a transparency for this as well.
The flowers in this kit and the add ons were so beautiful and they went a long ways!! I still have some left after five layouts!!

I'm letting everyone know that this kit sold out on reveal day and the kits to come are ALL just as cool, so be sure to get your hands on it asap!! Subscribing is the best way to guarantee you getting a kit!!

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work as always Mandy....Love the expression on her sweet little face on the last layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these are fabulous! Where do I start?! Always an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh this kit was perfect for you... some of your best work yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl I bow down to you!! These are by far just jaw dropping amazing!!! I am speechless. Yeah, me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mandy, I stopped by your blog to check out your layout that you made for Celina's darker side challenge. I absolutely love the photo of you and the story behind your awesome page. We all have those times when we feel overwhelmed, under-appreciated, etc, and I really like how you scrapped about this. In addition, I love how your faith helps you get through it! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers Mandy your details and creativity blow me away

    ReplyDelete
  7. these layouts are all so amazing wow.......get Krissy to get some of you pins I want them :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails