Sunday, May 15, 2011

~Scraps of Darkness May Kit Reveal~

It's time for the Scraps of Darkness May kit reveal!! This month's kit is called Now and Zen and it's full of gorgeous colors and embellishments.  This month features the Sakura papers from Creative Imagination.  These papers are so gorgeous and have such a beautiful Asian flair.  Check out this awesome main kit!!



I always like to start off my reveal layouts with my take on the monthly sketch that is created by Charlotte aka Suepup.  This month I used items from the main kit along with the color add on to create this mixed media canvas.

This is the first time I've used this awesome Dusty crane chippie.  I misted and inked it like crazy and then separated out the feathers to give it a more ruffled up look.
I pretty much coated everything, except the photo, with Sparkle Modge Podge.  If you love Modge Podge and haven't tried the Sparkle kind, then hurry up and go buy some, because it's AWESOME!!  The glaze gave the majority of my embellies the look of glass with sparkle.  Yummy!!
Yup my "A" is off!!  I left my layout to dry and a pair of three year old fingers came by to look at it and I didn't catch it until it was good and stuck.   

Here is layout number two.  I created this using a photo of my oldest daughter, Raine.  She had this photo taken by a professional photographer.  I titled this layout Enchanting.  The snowflakes are from Dusty Attic and they were from my personal stash.  I did use the mists from the Color Add On to treat them.
I'm starting to love my eyelets again.  I've seen some of the gorgeous pages out there where people lace up there pages and use eyelets in the holes.  I need to refill my stock of little eyelets.


These pretty little butterflies were put together by my fellow dt member, Renea.  They can be found over at the SOD forum for printing.  I did alter the color on mine just a tad.
I really like how this layout turned out.  The DT was all frazzled coming off of two gorgeous earth toned kits and given this gorgeous colorful kit.  So at first I think I had to just play around with some of it until the ideas started flowing.  I really love how this one turned out and I was able to use several patterns on here.

I love this Dusty frame.  I cut the photo just so it would fit in the center of the frame.  The pic is one I digitally altered of Rylee. 
Instead of a pin this month, Melinda had a genius idea to decorate chopsticks, so I bought a lot of them lol.  I decorated them up and here is a close up of the set I received in my kit. 

One more pic of Rylee that I cut out to create a fantasty themed layout.  I call this one Fairy Night.
 I added these Prima rubs on to the paper.
 I cut up the Prima border bling to create the magically setting for my fairy. 

These little chippies are from the Dusty Attic snowflakes set that I also used on the above Enchanting layout.
Thanks for Stopping by and God Bless!!




10 comments:

  1. Wicked cool layouts Mandy!!! You rocked this kit girlfriend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always amazed!!!!! This kit makes me love purple!!! I totally love the chop sticks and fans!!!!! What a fabulous idea!! My son is in Japan ...and this would be a great idea for an embellishment! What beautiful memory keepsakes for your girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mandy, your work is always so stunning and inspiring. I love the composition and details of your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy, your work with this month's kit is just GORGEOUS!!!! I just love your style and techniques, awesome work girl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow they are all gorgeous.....stunning layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW you did a fabulous job with this kit! You are one creative genious! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing.. your work is sooooo super cool xxxx
    love it all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have really outdone yourself.. All these lo's are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. all of these pages are simply stunning!! My fave has to be your Dream LO though. Thanks so much for all the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning LOs! I love how much detail you put into them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails