Thursday, June 2, 2011

~Scraps of Darkness and Dusty Attic Style Inspired Page~

I have never done a double feature of the same layout, but I wanted to enter two challenges with this particular page.  The first challenge is Scraps of Darkness's Skeletons challenge!  This month the Skeleton's challenge gave us the song, "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls and we had to take from that song what most touched or inspired us. 

The second challenge is over at Dusty Attic right now there is a challenge every couple of weeks that is a style lifting challenge featuring each of our DT members.  From May 30th-June 13th Anna Dabrowska-Pekocka also known as Finnabair is being featured. 

Here are both of my takes on these challenges.  This first one is my example entry over at Dusty Attic and it features my oldest daughter, Raine, in a shoot she did. 
This is the layout I did for an example over at SOD.  I decided to take the line, "When everything feels like the movies, Yeah, you bleed just to know your alive."  I created drops of blood and wrote those lyrics on the bottoms of the drops.

Now to explain this.  When I was in my late teens I used to play an online game and was very caught up in it.  It was a game that involved other players and you can go on and interact and play the game together.  Well I got so caught up in it that I played every chance I got.  When I 1st heard this song those lines described exactly what it was like when I played the game.  I was so caught up in non reality that it was almost like I needed to pinch myself to come back to reality.  That lasted a couple of years for me and I let it go, but part of me still misses it a little.
Here are some close ups!!  Pretty easy to explain.  I glued everything down and painted it all with black acrylic paint.  I did spray a little bit of mist on it here and there, but it's hard to really see it. 



 Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!!

10 comments:

  1. Wicked cool girl!!! You know I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions, especially the one with the drops of blood. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drops of blood too lol.....this is amazing and I bet you had soooooooo much fun with it..gorgeous photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow never seen somthing as beautiful as this!!
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wow... Very cool! All black and so stylish! Love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is truly amazing.. so much soul in it.. love all the texture and bumps and lumps!! stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is beyond amazing!! I am loving everything that went into this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! Your work always amazing! Love it all. TFS

    Jess B.
    thatzuneek@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails