Monday, September 19, 2011

~Scraps of Darkness Challenges~

There are several really fun challenges happening over at Scraps of Darkness and not all of them require kit items to play.  I created this following layout using the current September kit called Passages, but I really worked it in a different direction.  The challenges this layout is for is the Dark Side challenge hosted by Celina Matthews and it's also for the Round Robin challenge hosted by Lisa Novogrodski.  The Dark Side challenge is also going over at sb.c if you would like to enter and do not have any SOD items.  The theme for this month's Dark Side challenge is Communication.  So here is my page!

This layout really isn't a personal page for me, but it's probably one of the biggest problems in marriage today.  Communication has got to be something that happens within a marriage or else it just won't work.  I found this pic on the net and thought it was a perfect pic for this layout!

 This background was painted in black and red acrylic paint and then I went over the entire page with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam in a dark red shade.  It hardens and creates amazing texture and color when it dries.
 This brick wall was made using the Prima brick wall stencil included in the Color Add On.  I used Gesso with a small sponge and went over the stencil lightly.  

Thanks for stopping by and God Bless!



8 comments:

  1. You rocked this challenge, Mandy!!!! I love this page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. this is eye catching and really thought provoking too.. love the rich red and black colors.. stunning layout..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool Mandy, I love the rich dark colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so deeply rich and captivating all the parts.. and so true... communication.. the breakdown there of.. kills many a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the treatment you did on the paper! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this one! Great page, great message!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails