Monday, June 24, 2013

~Faux Envelope & Layout - Donna Salazar Designs~

Hello Again!! I'm back with a quick "how to" on a faux envelope.  It's a really easy way to dress up a page and add layers and dimension.  The photo is of my, now 16 year old daughter, taken last year. I don't like to do birthday layouts very much, because for some reason they never turn out to my liking, so instead I make layouts based on their age.
 You don't need much for this:
1) Mix'd Media Stax Manilla Cardstock
2) Mix'd Media Chox in Driftwood
3) Couple of Buttons
4) Twine
 First just fold the paper at the top.  This can be make as wide as you like, but mine was about 2 inches.
 I distressed my edges with my Zutter and then tore off a couple pieces here and there.  Then inked the top and edges with my Chox. 
 For the button I tied a little twine in the centers then glued them down with a glue dot and wrapped the remaining twine around the buttons.  After this point you can write, stamp, distress, etc to add more details!
Below are some close ups of the layout!  I chose to stamp and then sprayed my background here and there with some Smooch Spritz in Wood Stain.



Below is a list of items I used for this layout!

Paper:
GCD Studios Natural Beauty
GCD Studios Mix'd Media Stax
GCD Studios Basics

Ink:
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Driftwood
Smooch Spritz - Wood Stain

Bling:
Want 2 Scrap - Build Your Own Bling

Stamp:
Stampers Anonymous - Dear Sir

Tools:
Clearsnap Colorbox Stylus Handles and Tips
Zutter Distrezz it All

Miscellaneous:
Flowers
Cheesecloth
Buttons
Eyelets
Ribbon
Twine




1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails