Wednesday, July 24, 2013

~Donna Salazar Designs Weathered Door Tutorial~

Welcome Back!! It's me again!!  I am back to show you a quick how to on making a weathered door from chipboard.  Here is the layout I made using one of the doors I created.
You Will Need:
1) Thin Piece of Chipboard Cut to about 7.5"x4"
2) Pencil and Cutting Tool
3) Gesso
4) Smooch Spritz in Caramel Latte and Wood Stain
5) Paper Towel or Cloth to Wipe With
6) Driftwood Chox Inx
 
To start your door you need to create the window for it.  I just cut out a pizza shape and traced it four times to create my window.


 Next use a cutting tool to cut out the window and then lightly coat your door with gesso.
 Next spray the Wood Stain spritz here and there and then wipe with a paper towel. Repeat using the Caramel Latte spritz.
Then go over the edges and very lightly on the front with Chox Inx in Driftwood.
A door knob is optional and it depends on how you are layering your door.  Sometimes you might not see the handle, but for my layout I did make a door knob using a brad and then drew on a keyhole below it.




Thanks for stopping by! Below you will find a list of products that I used for this layout!
 
Paper:
GCD Studios Natural Beauty
GCD Studios Antiquities
GCD Storybook

Ink:
Mix'd Media Inx CHOX - Driftwood

Stamp:
Stampers Anonymous - Ledger
 
Swirls:
Want 2 Scrap - Corrugated Cardboard Swirls
 
Bling:
Want 2 Scrap - Rhinestones

Tools:
Clearsnap Colorbox Stylus Handles and Tips
Zutter Distrezz it All

Miscellaneous:
Flowers
Shredded Paper
Gesso
 
 
 
 



2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails